9.23.2014

Well #HelloKeurig 2.0

My world was rocked when I got this email from Influenster:

So like a mad woman I checked my email every day waiting for confirmation! I am a super duper coffee freak lady. I love it. As a nurse, I have to be awake at 6am and ready to start my shift. I'm not a morning person, so coffee gives me the jolt I need in the morning to hit the ground running. I had refrained from buying a Keurig because the single cup serving is NOT ENOUGH for me. I end up using several an those little K cups can be pricey and not so great for the environment. Naturally when I read that this new and improved Keurig 2.0 came with a carafe option I was OVER THE MOON EXCITED!

Eventually this happened….

I excitedly unboxed my new glorious machine. I still can't believe I got it FOR FREE from Influenster. What a cool company to host campaigns! My old coffee pot cost me $13. Last October I took my good one to a cabin camping. Sure enough, it feel from the back of the jeep and the pot shattered. The only store to have coffee pots sold one kind only. So I got it. I never in a million years thought a year later I'd still be using it, but I just never got around to getting a new one. 

I set it up and the upgrade was pretty drastic! 

So after playing with all of the REALLY COOL settings, like wallpaper on the screen, lights in the water compartment and all of the freebie K cups that came with it I was ready for some coffee. I let it preheat and then this….


WHOMP WHOMP. 

Seriously. I wanted to cry. So I got online. Did some searching. Come to find out that the old K cups will not work in the new machines. That's all fine and good, but I was using a K cup that was sent with the new machine. After troubleshooting online I decided to sadly shut it down and go to bed. 

The next morning I called Keurig. I was pleasantly surprised that I was only on hold for about 3 minutes before I spoke to an actual person. Then that person was very very helpful. We spent about 30 minutes trouble shooting trying like every K cup in my sample pack (I hated ruining them) and the Keurig people determined my machine was defective. I packed it up, and sent it back (with a label they paid for) 

Back to waiting for the fed ex man. Then this happened…. AGAIN….


I set up my machine and it ran BEAUTIFULLY. The carafe option is AMAZING. The K cups are just a bit larger for the carafe but the coffee is smooth and delicious. The touch screen is super easy to use and there is no difficulty switching between single serve and carafe serve. Keurig did very very well. I would recommend this machine to ANYONE who is looking for the perfect mix of CofffeByThePot and SingleServe. Well done, Keurig. I love the auto on functions and the auto night light function. I never have to set it and it lights up my kitchen at night which my 8 year old loves, as do I at 5am on work days. I have it set to turn on and preheat automatically, so I just have to pop in a k cup and I have my single serve coffee to go! No stops at McDonalds for coffee!

Now for my only complaint. Those K Cups. I can't find the new ones anywhere. They aren't in stores yet. It frustrates me that I can't buy the brand of coffee I like at the grocery store. I also try hard to be environmentally friendly. I am REALLY UPSET that Keurig does not sell an optional refillable K Cup basket. I get it, those keep you from having to buy the expensive K cups, but honestly I am disappointed that this company isn't offering an environmentally friendly option for it's customers. I would pay top dollar for a refillable K Cup  for the single serve and then another for the carafe. It means I would be producing less waste and I could use my own coffee brand that is not available in a K Cup. Sad to say that I ran out of K Cups and I am not using my $13 pot while I figure out where to buy them. Looks like I have to order online if I want to use my fancy new machine. 

Summary: BUY IT. I mean it. Put it on your Christmas wish list and buy it. It is sleek, sexy and makes an excellent cup OR CARAFE of coffee. The option to switch between the two easily is A Plus in my world. I am thrilled to have had the chance to review this product. Thank you Keurig and Influenster for this opportunity. 

Check out my instagram hashtag #KendrasFreeKeurig for more photos and fun related to the #HelloKeurig campaign! 




1 comment:

  1. Super cool! I had no idea they were doing this now!! But yeah, new stuff always makes it hard to buy accessories.

    ReplyDelete