2.16.2012

Hospital Bag

Some friends and I compiled a list of must have's for the hospital bag. I am only 24 weeks, 7 days (who's counting, right?!) but I wanted to post this there for anyone wondering what a bunch of pregnant women would say about packing a hospital bag. I've done this once before and I found I over packed and hated all of the crap that accumulated in the room. Am I missing something? If I am please post it in the comments so I can add it! Here is the list:


1. Quarters for vending machines (the hubby will need snacks because he will forget to eat)


2. Pads (hosptial ones are gross)


3. Boppy


4. Raid the throw away isle at walmart. Smell good shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush. Then when you leave the hospital you don't have to pack anything up. Just leave it there. Yes, they supply you with those things but I loved that I did this for my first hospital stay. It was so nice to have strawberry smelling hair and my regular soap. Made me feel whole again...sort of.
5. Change of clothes for DH or S/O so they can get in the 
tub or shower with you. (Not on my list. I won't be doing the tub thing but someone else thought it was a good idea so I'll leave it)


6. Snacks for you and DH. (after labor and delivery)


7. Pillow for DH (Not on my list either. He'll be alright. But Pillow for me...yes. I need my own pillow. DH can have the crummy hospital one)


8. Camera batteries (for me we'll just make sure we have a fully charged camera or two)


9. Cell phone chargers


10. Chapstick (god yes. I'd die without it on a normal day)


11. Hair ties


12. Take home outfit for baby


13. Formula (pretty sure my hospital will provide us with some if we need it)


14. Comfortable clothes for you


15. Nursing cover (or nursing tank/bra)


16. Notebook & pen


17. Computer/ Ipad & chargers (not taking that stuff, but I'm leaving this so I don't have to re number the list :) )


18.  Witch Hazel pads (or tucks)


19. Fuzzy warm socks or slippers


20.  Pacifiers that you would like for baby to use (hospital ones are ugly and babies can become attached)


21.  Make up there will be tons of pictures (no way...I'm not putting on make up but maybe some under eye 
concealer for the dark circles I get when I'm super tired)


22. CAR SEAT!!! (And make sure its actually in the car so the poor nurse doesn't have to install it for you. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything :/ )


23. Hard candy or gum for during labor (most hospitals will allow)


24. Robe (I'll be using the one I got for Ella's birth. It was PERFECT for when I had unexpected guests and didn't 
want to show off my flabby ass in the hospital gowns! )


25. Baby book for footprints/handprints

No comments:

Post a Comment